Kubernetes fundamentally changes the way engineers develop and deliver applications. IT and Operations teams have largely off-loaded infrastructure responsibilities to third-party providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure. Local DevOps teams, whose members more closely resemble programmers than systems administrators, have largely automated the rest.
Continuous integration and deployment allows teams to ship code to production several times a day rather than waiting for a single batch release, rapidly adding features and functionality to networked applications serving millions of users across the open Internet.
How do security professionals responsible for all of this sleep at night?
Cloud native environments don’t necessarily create new security challenges – vulnerability scans, configuration checks, network monitoring, and other familiar tactics still apply, though often applied in new ways – but the rate of development and delivery means code written this morning could be serving thousands of users on multiple cloud providers by the time lunch is through.
Security teams have always needed to balance protecting the organization’s networks and data against slowing engineering momentum and increasing technical debt. The increasing pressure from the business to consistently deploy new functionality, leading to the continuous delivery of applications, throws that balance out the window.
With their experience leading security and operations teams, the Soluble team has experienced this first hand and knows the headaches well. We’ve met these challenges head on and have advised dozens of CISOs and Security Managers to establish winning strategies to protect their Kubernetes deployments.
Whether your organization is only just adopting Kubernetes, or you find yourself a stranger in a cloud native land, we’re here to help. Soluble Engage gives you direct access to experts such as our Principal Researcher Matt Hamilton, who has published more than a dozen CVEs, and our CEO Rich Seiersen, a serial cloud native CISO who is currently writing his second book on security metrics.
Soluble Engage is a professional services engagement that connects you directly with our experts while requiring little from you – just a quick install of the Soluble Agent (a Kubernetes operator we've developed) and a bit of information.
Here are the steps for a typical engagement:
- Sign up for Soluble Engage
- We’ll send you instructions to install the Soluble Agent in your clusters – it takes only a few minutes!
- We’ll send you a short assessment form to help us gather additional information about your organization and your current security goals.
- We’ll also invite you to join our Engage Community, where you'll connect with your peers and Kubernetes security experts to share best practices, get your questions and concerns answered, and help influence the direction of the Soluble Fusion Platform.
- Soluble Cluster Watch will monitor and collect the data that our experts will analyze with an eye toward the most critical security issues.
- Over the course of about three weeks, our experts will compile and send you a report containing their findings and recommendations.
- Our experts will schedule a one-hour meeting with your team to review your report, share their recommendations, and directly address any questions you may have.
- You will have access to the Soluble Fusion Platform for six months, allowing you to monitor your progress toward your security objectives while also receiving immediate access to any new features we release during that time.
- Near the end of the six-month term, our team of experts will deliver a second report demonstrating the progress your team has made and making further recommendations for optimization
Soluble Engage is the ideal experience to set you up with a successful cloud native security strategy. In addition to reviewing your security posture and recommending areas for optimization, we’ll onboard you to the Soluble Fusion platform, which connects to your Kubernetes clusters in minutes for observability and monitoring. It provides security professionals the same level of visibility and control over their domain that their DevOps peers enjoy without slowing down development.
Sign up with Soluble Engage today and get your cloud native security journey started on the right path.